1. Jessica Myers, Post-doc. Jessica is now a Toxicologist at the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality, in Austin, TX.
2. Dinorah Leyva-Illades, Post-doc. Dinorah is now an Application Scientist at NanoTemper Technologies in Houston, TX.
3. Jonathan Mercado, Undergrad. Jon is pursuing his PhD (Cell and Molecular Biology) at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX.
Som's Brief Bio
Current (Jan 2013 onwards)
Division of Pharmacology & Toxicology; Institute for Cellular & Molecular Biology; and
Institute for Neuroscience
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712.
Education & Training
1. Post-doctoral Fellow with Dr. Adam Linstedt; Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA; 2008-2013.
2. Ph.D. in Cell Biology; New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY; 2004-2008.
3. M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery); Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai, India; 1998-2004. (M.B.B.S. is equivalent to M.D. in the USA).
Funding & Grants (Current)
1. National Institutes of Health "Outstanding New Environmental Scientist (ONES)" R01; 2016-2020.
2. National Institutes of Health K99/R00 "Pathway to Independence"; 2011-2017.
Charles Zogzas, B.S.
Biochemistry Ph.D. Program
Andrey Selyunin, Ph.D.
(Ph.D.: UT Southwestern)
Steven Hutchens, B.S.
(Formerly; Medical Univ of South Carolina)
Chunyi Liu, Ph.D.
(Ph.D.: Chinese Academy of Sciences)
Write to us if what we do interests you!
Mukhopadhyay Lab at UT AUSTIN
Molecular Mechanisms of Human Disease